Friday, April 25, 2008

Crimes against the Elderly



Sometimes we amaze ourselves with the creations Lisa and I come up with! We have found a way to create an 8 1/2 oz hand-made gator with the University of Florida colors. The gators themselves are a blend of orange and blue and the outer layer of the gator is green. We are getting a lot of sales on this item from the Gator fans here in Fla. We just made up a new order of the gator soaps to send to a customer in PA. Gator fans are everywhere, aren't they?

I am getting packed and ready to leave the house, as it closes on April 30th. I am a little angry about this situation, because it is my opinion that my mother, who has some dementia, is being taken advantage of by members of her own church, and by her own son. These people are buying the house at $50,000.00 less than it was originally listed, and my brother encouraged her to take this offer because he wants the money from the second mortgage he has on the house back. It leaves my mom with no money whatever, and all the hard work I have done in the last two years in trying to make her safe in her last years, is for naught. She will not be able to pay off the debts my dad left when he died, and will no extra money for basic necessities such as medicine, unless she stops paying those debts. She has given her lawyer (a member of her church) power of attorney, and it is the daughter of the lawyer's brother who is making such a good deal, leaving my mother with nothing. Her real estate agent is another member of her church who is supposed to be looking out for her interests but is friends with the lawyer. Another member of her church kept gouging her when the air-conditioning unit kept going out. I finally took the ball out of her hands and got another air-conditioning company which fixed it right away. (Not a member of the church)

My mother shouldn't have to live by other people's terms. She has paid her dues. Shouldn't there be a law against people who take advantage of the elderly or disabled?

Lisa and I have a business that will do even better because we do quality work. We have to do it on our own time, but we get our products to people as soon as they order, although this may change to shipping taking a couple of days, depending on the closest post office.

We hope you follow our journey along with us.



Http://stores.ebay.com/Earths-Little-Treasures





No comments: